Chiropractic Manipulative Therapy
All adjustments (manipulations) are done by hand. Dr. Gioia uses Diversified technique, Drop technique, and Flexion/Distraction technique.
Dr. Gioia uses Moist Heat Packs, Cold Packs, Electric Stimulation, Ultrasound, and Long-axis Spinal Traction.
- Moist heat packs increase circulation to damaged tissues to speed healing and help decrease muscle spasms.
- Cold Packs reduce swelling and help deaden pain. They are generally used with acute trauma or severe muscle spasms.
- Electric Stimulation promotes healing by reducing inflammation and improving circulation.
- Ultrasound uses sound waves to increase absorption of heat to a deeper penetration level providing pain relief.
- Long-Axis Spinal Traction is used to increase disc height and relieve pressure on the discs. It also enhances spinal mobility and increases disc nutrition. (i.e. decompression of the discs)
Dr. Gioia inserts hair-thin needles into the skin on various points of the body. Acupuncture has been used in China (where it originated) for thousands of years. The feeling of the acupuncture needle is similar to that of touching a ball point pen to your skin. Acupuncture can be used to treat many conditions. Some of the most popular uses for acupuncture are pain relief, infertility and to quit smoking.